Fast Facts About the Philippines
The Philippines is an outsourcing powerhouse and had been ranked as world's second topmost choice for Business Process Outsourcing (BPO). It has strong cultural affinity and compatibility with the United States.
- Capital: Manila
- Population: 110 Million
- Official Languages: English is one of the two official languages, with westernized society influenced by American pop culture
- Literacy Rate: 98%
- Talent Pool: 600,000 college graduates yearly are added to the pool of highly skilled and qualified talents with a median age of 23 years old.
- Economy: Second in Asia as the fastest growing economy with GDP growth of 7.2% in 2013, 6.9% in 2016, and 6.2% in 2018
- Fastest Growing Industry: Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) is one of the fastest with strong government support.
- Top BPO Employers: Accenture, Concentrix, TeleTech, Sitel, Alorica, VXI Global Solutions, Teleperformance, TaskUs, August 99, SourceFit
- BPO Ranking: #2 among the world’s top outsourcing destination and holds the title ‘The BPO Capital of the World’ since 2010
- BPO Employees: Over 1.2 million
- Biggest Outsourcing Clients: United States, Europe, Australia, New Zealand
- Cultural Compatibility: Being former colony of the United States and Spain, gained the cultural compatibility with the West